It has been a big week of action in the NBA, but with all the different sporting events going on across the US at the moment, plus a host of promotions and suchlike, we haven’t had chance to catch up with the games until now.
In the Eastern Conference, the Philadelphia 76ers (35-16) have been knocked off top spot by the Brooklyn Nets (36-16). Monday night’s loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, combined with the Nets winning six of their last seven games, saw Durant, Irving and Harden’s team climb to the top of the conference rankings.
That sets up a very tasty clash between the two which is scheduled for next Wednesday.
The Milwaukee Bucks (32-19) have dropped off the pace a little after they lost their last two games but they remain well clear in third sport in the conference, where the Charlotte Hornets (26-24) are just one of a cluster of teams with records around the 0.500 mark to be chasing a playoff spot.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling, and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800 GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL) Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN only) or 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA only) or 1-800-522-4700 (CO Only) *21+. NJ/IN/WV/PA/IA/CO only. In partnership with Meadows Racetrack and Casino. Offer not valid for users physically located in NH. Deposit bonus is in DK Dollars which have no cash value and must be used on DraftKings. Bonus requires 25x Play-Thru. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Lakers Slump Continues As Jazz Retain Western Conference Lead
In the Western Conference, the Utah Jazz (39-13) have retained top spot in the
conference and still have the best record in the NBA. However, the Phoenix Suns (36-15) have really closed in that gap despite a defeat to the Clippers last night ending their streak of seven successive wins.
That was a big win for the LA Clippers (35-18) who close the gap on the Suns and it keeps them ahead of the charging Denver Nuggets (33-18) who have won all of their last seven games.
A combination of these factors and poor form means the Los Angeles Lakers (32-20) have now dropped to fifth in the table and are in very real danger of being caught by the Portland Trail Blazers (30-21) too.
The Pick Of The NBA Weekend Games And Our Parlay Tip
The action in the NBA continues tonight with some interesting matches:
- Orlando Magic v Indiana Pacers
- Boston Celtics v Minnesota Timberwolves
- New York Knicks v Memphis Grizzlies
- New Orleans Pelicans v Philadelphia 76ers
- Atlanta Hawks v Chicago Bulls
- Milwaukee Bucks v Charlotte Hornets
- Denver Nuggets v San Antonio Spurs
- Los Angeles Clippers v Houston Rockets
- Golden State Warriors v Washington Wizards
However, the big game of the weekend comes on Saturday night when the Brooklyn Nets face the Los Angeles Lakers in what many feel could be a possible rehearsal for the NBA Championship game later this year.
- Cleveland Cavaliers v Toronto Raptors
- Brooklyn Nets v Los Angeles Laker
- Utah Jazz v Sacramento Kings
- Oklahoma City Thunder v Philadelphia 76ers
- Phoenix Suns v Washington Wizards
- Golden State Warriors v Houston Rockets
- Portland Trail Blazers v Detroit Pistons
- Charlotte Hornets v Atlanta Hawks
- Denver Nuggets v Boston Celtics
There are also eight games on Sunday to round the weekend off, including a number of games from mid-ranking teams hoping to push on towards a playoff place.
- Cleveland Cavaliers v New Orleans Pelicans
- Orlando Magic v Milwaukee Bucks
- Dallas Mavericks v San Antonio Spurs
- Minnesota Timberwolves v Chicago Bulls
- New York Knicks v Toronto Raptors
- Memphis Grizzlies v Indiana Pacers
- Portland Trail Blazers v Miami Heat
- Los Angeles Clippers v Detroit Pistons
I have gone through the weekend’s matches and come up with the following moneyline parlay bet from DraftKings Sportsbook.
NBA Weekend Parlay Bet
- Pacers to beat Magic -182
- Grizzlies to beat Knicks -125
- 76ers to beat Pelicans -315
- Warriors to beat Wizards – 180
- Bucks to beat the Hornets -385
This bet offers odds of +624 if all five results come in.