How would you like to turn $5 into over $5,000? Sound impossible? Well, if you are fortunate enough to land yourself a big parlay bet at DraftKings Sportsbook, then you could do precisely that as that is what one lucky punter achieved last week.
Looking at the selection of games in the NBA on the 24th April, one mobile user channelled his inner good fortune to make a selection of ten moneyline and Over/Under selections for the games taking place that night.
After that he placed just $5 on the outcome of that bet and then watched as every one of his ten selections came in for a total win of $5,195.27!
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling, and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800 GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL) Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN only) or 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA only) or 1-800-522-4700 (CO Only) *21+. NJ/IN/WV/PA/IA/CO only. In partnership with Meadows Racetrack and Casino. Offer not valid for users physically located in NH. Deposit bonus is in DK Dollars which have no cash value and must be used on DraftKings. Bonus requires 25x Play-Thru. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Winning Bet Slip
Here are the ten selections this lucky punter selected for his better than 1000/1 parlay win!
- New York Knicks to Win – Moneyline
- Raptors @ Knicks – Over 214 Pts
- Milwaukee Bucks To Win – Moneyline
- Miami Heat To Win – Moneyline
- Bulls @ Heat – Over 205.5 Pts
- Spurs @ Pelicans – Under 228 Pts
- Rockets @ Nuggets – Over 221.5 Pts
- Minnesota Timberwolves to Win – Moneyline
- Timberwolves @ Jazz – Under 230.5
- Dallas Mavericks to Win – Moneyline
Of course, this lucky punter was assisted by some key wins on the night, including the Bucks win over the 76ers, the Timberwolves victory over the Jazz and the Mavericks victory over Los Angeles Lakers.
This type of bet is a great example of why parlay betting is so popular with punters as it offers an opportunity to turn a relatively small wager, into a significant return.
Parlay Betting Opportunities For The Week Ahead?
The good news for punters is that there are plenty of other opportunities for you to have a parlay bet yourself on the NBA over the next week or so.
There are a number of key games coming up over the coming week which includes the following games taking place later today:
- Washington Wizards v San Antonio Spurs
- Orlando Magic v Los Angeles Lakers
- Philadelphia 76ers v Oklahoma City Thunder
- Detroit Pistons v Atlanta Hawks
- New York Knicks v Phoenix Suns
- Toronto Raptors v Cleveland Cavaliers
- Minnesota Timberwolves v Utah Jazz
- Miami Heat v Chicago Bulls
- New Orleans Pelicans v Los Angeles Clippers
- Denver Nuggets v Memphis Grizzlies
- Sacramento Kings v Dallas Mavericks
There are also games throughout the week which means you could, if you wished, place a parlay bet on any night.
How Easy Is It To Pick A Parlay Bet Winner?
You may look at the lucky winners of these parlay bets at DraftKings Sports and think that landing a long odds parlay bet is relatively common. In fact, it is arguably the most difficult bet to land that you can make.
In addition, the more picks that you add to your parlay bet, then the more difficult it is to see that bet come in as a winner.
Even a parlay bet of just two or three selections can be tricky to land, especially if you want odds that will offer you a sizeable return on your initial bet, so it is always wise to have a realistic approach when making parlay bets.
The likelihood is that you won’t win. However, the beauty of parlay betting is that you may only need to land that one big win to make all those bets that didn’t come in pale into insignificance.