This weekend is a big one for combat sports. Not only do we have the Saul Canelo Alvarez V Billy Joe Saunders boxing bout, but there is another fantastic UFC Fight Night on Saturday evening.
And you can enjoy the action as some of the best MMA stars in the world clash with a little added insurance for your parlay bet, thanks to FanDuel Sportsbook and its UFC Parlay Insurance offer for this weekend.
First online wager only. Refund issued as site credit. 21+ and present in NJ, PA or WV. Gambling problem? Call 1-800 GAMBLER or in WV visit www.1800gambler.net. Terms apply.
What Is The UFC Parlay Insurance Offer?
As the name suggests, the UFC Parlay Insurance offer gives customers that place a qualifying parlay bet on bouts that are part of the UFC Fight Night event this weekend the chance to get their money back if the bet is not a winner.
The offer is open to all FanDuel Sportsbook customers, not only new sign ups, and to qualify you must do the following:
- Log into your FanDuel Sportsbook account.
- Head to the Promotions section of the site, load up the UFC Parlay Insurance offer and click on the green Opt In button.
- Head over to the MMA betting section for this weekend’s Fight Night action.
- Place a parlay bet of five or more legs.
- Ensure that each individual leg of your parlay bet has odds greater than or equal to -200.
- Ensure the final price of your wager is +200 or greater.
- Watch the action unfold and if just one of your selections lets you down FanDuel will refund you your stake money back, up to a maximum refund amount of $25.
To take advantage of this offer from FanDuel, you do need to opt in to the bonus, so it is imperative you do this before you place your qualifying bet.
If your bet qualifies for an insurance refund, then you should receive the refund within 72 hours of your bet being settled.
UFC Fight Night May 8th – Preview
There are a number of huge fights this weekend that make up this UFC Fight Night, starting with an intriguing clash in the women’s strawweight division.
Marina Rodriguez v Michelle Waterson
Both these fighters tend to fight at strawweight but will clash a weight division higher due to this being a short-notice bout. Rodriguez started 2021 with a bang with a stunning win over fellow Brazilian Amanda Ribas back in January. Previously, she lost a narrow split decision to former champion Carla Esparza but her big win in January has catapulted her back up the rankings.
The experienced Waterson has been around the top 10 strawweight fighters for the past few years and after a split decision win over Angela Hill in September 2020, she has been given another chance to put herself in contention for a title shot with a win here.
Rodriguez is the slight -220 favorite with FanDuel Sportsbook, with Waterson the +176 outside bet.
Neil Magny Vs Geoff Neal
The two welterweights were scheduled to meet last year, but Neal fell ill with Sepsis and heart failure in the summer. He made a fantastic return to action later that year losing to Stephen Thompson by a unanimous decision.
His opponent is Neil Magny, another top 10 welterweight contender seeking to move into title contention with a win here. He has already fought once in 2021, losing to Michael Chiesa in January, but he has never suffered back-to-back defeats in his career thus far.
Neal is the -194 favourite with FanDuel Sportsbook for this fight, with Magny rated a +156 shot.
Other bouts scheduled to take place this weekend include:
- Diego Ferreira v Gregor Gillespie (Lightweight)
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima v Maurice Green (Heavyweight)
- Amanda Ribas v Angela Hill (Women’s Strawweight)
- Ben Rothwell v Philipe Lins (Heavyweight)
- Phil Hawes v Kyle Daukaus (Middleweight)
- Ludovit Klein v Michael Trinzano (Featherweight)
- Ryan Benoit v Zarrukj Adashev (Flyweight)
- Junyong Park v Tafon Nchukwi (Middleweight)
- Christian Aguilera v Carlston Harris (Welterweight)