Daniel Negreanu to sell action from this October’s WSOP Europe. Jaime Staples with a strong start to the partypoker Knockout Series. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Daniel Negreanu to sell WSOP Europe action
Daniel Negreanu will be making an appearance at the 2019 World Series of Poker Europe this October. And like the Las Vegas WSOP, he will be selling his action, focusing on fans that missed out on his last sale before the WSOP, which sold out in minutes.
In addition to playing for more bracelet events, Negreanu will also be in the mix for 2019 WSOP Player of the Year. He currently sits in third place after the last summer’s WSOP, behind just Robert Campbell and Shaun Deeb. His position in the standings was due to cashing in 16 events for a total of $2 million in the series.
I will be offering no markup pieces to those that got shutout at WSOP earlier this year. Details on all that will be available shortly.
I’ll also be resuming the VLOGS for the duration of the series.
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) September 4, 2019
– The partypoker Knockout Series kicked off on Sunday and it was a big one for Team Pro Jaime Staples. While playing in the $750k Guaranteed $2100 8-max High Roller, Staples earned his largest score ever. Watch how the final hand played out below:
Mixed emotions for @JaimeStaples on Day 1 of #KOSeries. He locked up his biggest-ever score, it should have been more but Lady Luck had other ideas. #Poker can be so cruel sometimes. Check out the Day 1 recap here: https://t.co/rQev6MCQXL 18+. Play responsibly. begambleaware pic.twitter.com/EU051759MW
— partypoker (@partypoker) September 9, 2019
– Of course, the WCOOP is also well underway and over the weekend, Shaun Deeb was among the winners when he picked up his 7th career WCOOP title:
Well as many of you know 3 years ago I missed my son chances birth to play wcoop on the day he was born I ended up winning the 5cd high event last year I also won an event on his bday and sadly this year I will not continuing the trend instead I win the 5cd high 90min before it
— shaun deeb (@shaundeeb) September 8, 2019
– While the start of the NFL season and new legalized sportsbooks are getting a lot of the current sports-betting industry’s attention, a federal sports betting bill still could happen. The news comes from Gambling Compliance and reported through LSR that Senators Chuck Schumer and Mitt Romney are still discussing the bill. One of the most noteworthy parts of the bill is that sportsbooks would have to use “official league data,” something that is currently only required in Illinois and Tennessee.
– Monday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video of the day continues a look back at Colossos’ “Cash Games with Colossos” series. In this episode, Colossos live plays $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold’em shorthanded.
– With the partypoker Knockout Series underway, Jaime Staples talks about the two-week schedule and plans to play specific events:
– The Meet Up Game gets underway from the South Point Hotel and Casino, as Andrew Neeme reports on his recent $2/$5 No-Limit Hold’em session from the casino.
– Sometimes you don’t have to play well to win as Matt Vaughan notes in his latest vlog: