Viktor Blom continues to dominate at the Super High Roller Bowl Online Series. Player who was disconnected from Bad Beat Jackpot hand on BetOnline receives his prize. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Viktor Blom wins $25k Super High Roller Bowl event
Viktor Blom continued his hot streak at the Super High Roller Bowl Online Series, winning his second title of the week. His most recent victory comes in the $25,500 Super High Roller 8 Max event (Event #14), where he won $407,500 after defeating a field of 40. His previous win came during the $10,300 High Roller (Event #9) when he took down a $213,750 first place. Bloom also earned runner-up finishes in the $25,500 Super High Roller (Event #2) and the $25,500 Super High Roller (Event #8).
Other recent winners at the Super High Roller Bowl Online Series, which is being played on partypoker include a David Peters $217k victory in the $10,300 Higher Roller 8-Max (Event #13) and a $195k score in the $10,300 High Roller 8-Max event.
— Poker Central (@PokerCentral) May 29, 2020
– On Wednesday, a player tweeted about a disconnection during a hand on BetOnline that resulted in a player folding a straight flush against Pocket Kings, which would have triggered a $349k Bad Beat Jackpot that would have been split between the table. The player recorded a replay of the hand before none other than Joey Ingram got involved to help the player and others seated at the table receive their correct prize.
Here’s the BBJ disconnect we discuss on today’s podcast. Seems shady to say the very least. An absolutely brutal beat. pic.twitter.com/vtHceSsq0m
— Cracking Aces (@CrackingAAces) May 28, 2020
– As expected, Nevada Gaming revenue was nearly non-existent in April, generating just $3.65 million during the month, a 99.61% drop from the same time the previous year.
– Jason Alexander is the winner of The King’s Celebrity Poker Challenge, defeating Kevin Pollak heads-up, with $50,000 donated in his name to the World Central Kitchen. In total, $125,000 was donated to the charity that was streamed on the World Poker Tour Twitch channel and also featured for Jon Hamm, Pau Gasol, Kelly Slater and José Andrés. Watch a replay of the session below:
– In Friday’s featured classic poker training video, we continue our look at the “Probrdr Plays a $109 MTT” series. In this episode, Probrdr is in the post-ante stage of the tournament.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– ICYMI: Maria Ho made an appearance on Poker Central’s Run It Back where she discussed an old episode of High Stakes Poker from Season 7 featuring Doyle Brunson David, Peat, Barry Greenstein and Vanessa Selbst.
– David Benefield sits down with Lee Davy in the latest episode of I Am High Stakes Poker where he discusses his journey in poker.
– Check out Twitch highlights of Jaime Staples during a May 23rd where he plays in the $1,050 WPT Deepstacks event.
– Finally, we leave you with a hand from Jon Pardy’s Twitch stream that any poker player will be able to relate to when getting too confident with Aces (warning: language):
I just thought it was what @depaulo_ryan would do……
— Jon W. Pardy (@Jon_Pardy) May 28, 2020