Next month’s Super High Roller Bowl moves to partypoker. Mike Postle is accused of using a ghostwriter in Motion to Dismiss. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Super High Roller Bowl runs from May 23rd to June 1st
Another major tournament has moved online, this time its the Super High Roller Bowl, which will get underway from May 23rd to June 1st. Of the course of eight days, the tournament will hold 28 high roller events on partypoker while guaranteeing $20 million in prizes. The series will culminate with a $100,000 buy-in 8-max No Limit Hold’em event with a $3 million guaranteed prize pool.
The announcement comes after the successful conclusion of the Poker Masters Online, which was also hosted by partypoker. The event replaces the Super High Roller Bowl which has run just before the start of the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas over the last few years.
A $20m GTD festival of high-stakes action, the SHRB online is coming to @partypoker from May 23rd-1st June, with the launch of the inaugural Super High Roller Bowl Online Series, in partnership with @PokerCentral. https://t.co/HAztKN4ozM pic.twitter.com/I1ObjSfpOP
— partypoker (@partypoker) April 28, 2020
– In the latest turn of the alleged Stones Live cheating saga, Mike Postle, who is representing himself in the case, has been accused of using a ghostwriter to file a motion to dismiss earlier this month. In addition, the council for Veronica Brill and other plaintiffs have filed an “Opposition Motion” to the motion while reinforcing the allegations against Postle.
– Tuesday was a wild one in Day 2 of the Galfond Challenge match with Phil Galfond and ActionFreak. During one point in the session, Galfond was up over €180k before an impressive comeback from ActionFreak, who finished the day losing just €3,632.83 after playing over 1,000 hands. Through two days of the Challenge, ActionFreak finds himself ahead by €7,529.49 after 1,162 hands, with just under 14,000 hands remaining.
If you missed Tuesday’s session, you can watch a replay of the 5-hour session below. The next session with ActionFreak is expected tomorrow, which poker fans can watch from the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel.
– “moledaddy” is the winner of the 2020 PokerStars New Jersey NJSCOOP Main Event, taking away a first-place prize of $30,121.18 for his performance in the event.
– From The Fake News Bin: With the WSOP postponed and more events heading online, event organizers are expecting an increase of thrown shoes and exposure during the tournament from home.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we highlight another Reasons14 SNG strategy video. In this episode, he does a hand history review of a $2 full ring 180-man SNG.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Brad Owen presents a vlog from his last live poker session before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down casinos across the country. This vlog is from a $2/$5 uncapped game at Red Rock in Las Vegas.
– ICYMI: Jaime Staples sits down to play a $10,000 Poker Masters event on partypoker with highlights from his session streamed live on Twitch:
– Daniel Negreanu and Barry Greenstein are the latest participants in the CardPlayer Poker Stories “Quarantined Special”: