A new player to online poker wins his first WSOP bracelet. Daniel Negreanu’s banking account related to online gambling closed. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Ron McMillen wins $400 NLHE bracelet event at WSOP.com
Ron McMillen, a new online poker player, is the latest winner at the 2020 WSOP Online Series after winning the $400 No Limit Hold’em event, outlasting a field of 1,026 to win his first WSOP bracelet and a $188,214 first-place prize.
In addition to cashing in his first online tournament, Millen has the honor of being the oldest winner of a WSOP bracelet during 2020 at years old. Despite having little experience online, McMillen is a regular on the MSPT tournament circuit and has won $150,466 in live tournament winnings according to the Hendon Mob.
Pretty awesome reaction! WSOP bracelet glory congrats!!! https://t.co/Gzb4IqSpfl
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) July 10, 2020
McMillen came out on top after 10 hours, defeating Ryan Torgensen (2nd – $116,379.18) heads-up. Notable players finishing near the top included Ryan Leng (10th, $10,332), Jon Turner (17th, $6,530), Anthony Zinno (22nd – $5,360) and Joseoph Cheong (30th – $4,386.15).
If you missed the action on Thursday night, you check out how Event #9 concluded with commentary from David Tuchman and Matt Matros:
Next up- The $600 No Limit Hold’em Monster Stack
Friday’s WSOP bracelet event is the $600 No Limit Hold’em Monster Stack, which got underway at 3 PM. Follow the tournament through live updates at WSOP.com. Poker fans can watch the final table coverage from the Poker Central YouTube channel.
– You are not the only one who may have payment processing issues related to poker. Daniel Negreanu recently tweeted regarding his experience Bank of America, saying the bank will permanently shut down his business account as a result of poker-related transactions.
FYI for Vegas Gamblers using @BankofAmerica
They randomly shut down my business account with no explanation or opportunity for appeal despite no abnormal activity.
Looking into gambler friendly bank @lexicon_bank
Will update… pic.twitter.com/8gMbR1Y5X8
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) July 8, 2020
– In Pennsylvania, the PGCB revealed that it expects GVC, the parent company of partypoker to be approved for a license in the coming weeks with a soft launch likely set for later this summer or early fall. If the launch would go through, partypoker would become the second online poker room to go live in the state after PokerStars.
– While he continues to focus on business, Dan Bilzerian isn’t playing much poker these days, but hey, it’s a slow news day. According to a new report, Ignite Cannabis, a company associated with Bilzerian, lost $50 million in 2019 and could be ready to go bankrupt.
– Bet365 Poker is giving players the chance to earn up to €250 in cash prizes through the Summer Twister Prize Wheel when completing missions through July 24th. To participate, opt-in and complete daily missions to receive spins on the Summer Twister Prize Wheel for each daily mission you complete.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Carroters’ “The Carrot Show” series, where he reviews a student’s hand histories. In this episode, Carroters reviews a sessino of $10NL Zoom from a student.
Best poker videos on the InternetDaniel Negreanu’s latest WSOP Online vlog, he plays WSOP Online Event #9, the $1000 No Limit Hold’em:
– Isaac Haxon is the latest guest of Joey Ingram on the Poker Life Podcast a variety of poker topics
– Jaime Staples mixes things up in his latest video with a compilation of videos where he is dealt AK.