Phil Ivey’s 2019 WSOP PPC winnings confirmed garnished. Schedule for the 2019 Poker Masters released. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
$124k of Ivey’s 2019 WSOP winnings garnished
After Phil Ivey won $124,410 during the $50,000 Poker Players Championship at the 2019 WSOP, the Borgata served notice to make a claim on the winnings. It has now been confirmed by Flushdraw that the parent company of the Borgata Hotel and Casino was successful in having Ivey’s winnings garnished for the tournament.
The claim was in relation to Phil Ivey’s edge-sorting case in which the casino earned a $10.13 million judgment. Prior to the garnishment, the casino has made attempts to collect the money in New Jersey and Nevada but has been unable to obtain any assets from the poker player.
Confirmed that the Borgata was successful in having Phil Ivey's $124,410 eighth-place payday in the $50K PPC garnished and sent to the US Marshals Service for later disposition. https://t.co/n5fgliqEda
— Haley Hintze (@Haley_Hintze) August 21, 2019
– The schedule for the 2019 Poker Masters has been released. With a schedule that spans from November 4th to November 13, the Poker Masters will host ten tournaments over the course of the high-roller series. A new event will be held each day during the tournament with five $10k events, three $25k events, one $50k and a $100k. Games will primarily be No Limit Hold’em with single events for Pot Limit Omaha, Short Deck, 8-Game and Big Bet. The tournament will once again be broadcast on PokerGO, which is available to poker fans through a subscription.
– The EPT Barcelona kicked off earlier this week with the start of the €1,100 EPT National with Thursday marking the fourth Day 1 flight as the event draws big crowds. Highlights of the two-week event include four high rollers ranging from €25,000 to €100,000 and a €5,300 Main Event on August 26th.
– The DraftKings sportsbook and FanDuel Sportsbook could start next week in West Virginia according to Legal Sports Report. The entry of the two sportsbooks could come before the NFL season and fill the whole left but the shutting of BetLucky in March.
– With China taking steps against the Philippines to restrict online gambling in the country, Alex Weldon takes a closer look at the complicated relationship the country has with online gambling.
– Bill Perkins randomly awarding $1,000 to a Twitter follower is a part of a growing trend of those in the poker industry giving back to the poker community, writes US Poker.
– In Thursday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video of the day, Gazellig continues his series on reviewing a hand history from a $3.30 MTT. In this episode, Gazellig focuses on value betting in an MTT.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– NBA legend Paul Pierce went up against Hollywood producer Randall Emmett heads-up in a special episode of Poker After Dark game during GOAT week for a $30,000 pot.
– Jonathan Little shares some of his thoughts on playing a limped pot unconventionally