Phil Galfond issues a challenge to the high stakes poker community. Daniel Negreanu joins GG Poker as its latest ambassador. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond proposes 50k hand PLO Heads-Up Challenge
In a move to promote Run It Once Poker, owner Phil Galfond has sent out a challenge to the high stakes poker community that harkens back to infamous durrrr Challenge. In a post on the Run It Once blog, Galfond says that the challenge is open to anybody, but that players who make training videos for a site outside of Run It Once will get preference.
Although details are up for discussion, Galfond proposes the challenge occurs at a heads-up Pot Limit Omaha table. The terms of the challenge will be similar to that of the durrrr Challenge, which would take place over 50,000 hands and offer a 3:1 side bet of 10 buy-ins of stakes of 100/200 or above.
Bill Perkins is among those showing early interest in the proposal.
I'll do it with a couple of tweaks:
1. 50k hands or 10 buy-in
2. Can seat myself or any TL member for any period
3. You cant watch any of played hands from my/TL side on stream.
4. 4 to 1 side on 10 buy ins
5. Banner my book & purchase link 1yr
Come at me bro!
— Bill Perkins (Guy) (@bp22) November 20, 2019
– Daniel Negreanu made big news on Wednesday when he announced that he has signed on to be an ambassador of GGPoker, an online poker room that is currently the world’s third-largest. The news comes approximately six months after Negreanu announced his departure as a PokerStars Team Pro after a 12-year relationship with the company.
I have a BIG announcement to make! Details in the video below: pic.twitter.com/1xDTkglYmD
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) November 20, 2019
– PokerStars has officially launched two new poker variants, Deep Water Hold’em and Tempest Hold’em. The two new games, which are a variant of 6-max No Limit Hold’em, replace the esports-like game Power Up from the client. Deep Water Hold’em and Tempest Hold’em games featuring antes and a “Giant Blind,” which is twice the size of the big blind. The ante increases every hand until a showdown is reached. The new games are currently available for real money in the United Kingdom and play money on PokerStars.net but are expected to be expanded at a later date.
– In the latest from the partypoker MILLIONS World, Adrian Mateos took down the $25,000 No Limit Hold’em trophy after a deal with Brock Wilson. Despite Mateos being the official winner of the event, he will take home a smaller prize of $520,644. Brock Wilson won the most money ($619,536) after an equity-based deal but subsequently lost a series of flips for the trophy.
In other action from partypoker MILLIONS World, Day 1b got underway after 231 of the 423 entrants survived Day 1a.
Poker fans can continue to follow the action via live updates from Poker Central or by purchasing a subscription from PokerGo.
– partypoker announced that it has closed down another 57 bot account during October. In its latest report, partypoker revealed that the closures lead to a seizure of $13,976 from partypoker.com and another €1,490 from partypoker.eu.
– In Wednesday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video, we continue our look at the “Cash Games with Colossos” series. In this episode, Colossos goes over some hands where he discusses winning players without being overly aggressive, along with some other topics.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– In a clip from a recent episode of “I Am High Stakes Poker,” Tom Dwan tells Lee Davy what he believes is the best way to learn poker.
– Check out these notable poker hands from an October 17 session of Live at the Bike posted by the poker stream’s stream: