Phil Galfond with another big win on Thursday in the Galfond Challenge. PokerStars $25 million Turbo Series begins on Sunday. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond crosses into positive territory against Venividi on Day 32
Phil Galfond continued his epic comeback in Day 32 of the Galfond Challenge with Venividi on Thursday winning €113,680.87 on the day to bring him down to just €40,607.06 in the challenge. The session featured an incredible milestone for Galfond as he briefly went positive in the challenge after hand number 19,655. At this lowest point, Galfond had been down over €900k. Watch the exciting hand below (warning – language):
— Run It Once Poker (@RunItOncePoker) April 2, 2020
The challenge now sits with 20,027 hands played out of 25,000. Venividi and Galfond will return to action at 11 AM ET, where poker fans can watch the action unfold live on the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel. Missed the exciting session from Thursday? Watch it below:
– The PokerStars Turbo Series kicks off this Sunday, where it will guarantee $25 million in prizes over 114 events. The series will run for 2 weeks and will finish off on April 19th with two Main Events, a $5,200 buy-in High Roller and a $55 buy-in Turbo Series Main Event. The tournaments of the series utilize the turbo or hyper-turbo structure with No Limit Hold’em games being the main focus but also some other games including Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Hold’em, 8-Game, HORSE, 5 Card Omaha and No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo.
– Brazil’s Alex “AAAArthur” Brito recently won the largest ever PokerStars Sunday Million on March 22nd, turning a $4 qualifier into a $1.1 million payday after a 4-way deal. He sat down with US Poker to discuss his big win and what he plans on doing with his winnings.
– partypoker’s Myshevlov35 from Finland achieved his impressive milestone when he won the $2.50/$5.00 No Limit Hold’em Leaderboard in two consecutive weeks last month to net $20,000 in prizes over 14 days. Every month, the Cash Game Leaderboards at partypoker — which are divided by stake level — pay an extra $1 million in cash prizes to top players.
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Gazellig’s “€5 MTT HH Review” series. In this episode, Gazellig discusses the math behind blind stealing and the importance of bluff-catching versus aggressive opponents.
Best poker videos on the Intetnet
– Mike Matusow is joined by Chris Moneymaker on the latest episode of The Mouthpiece Podcast.
– Jaime Staples presents Twitch highlights of a March 20th session where he sits down at partypoker to play the Powerfest series and the Bounty Hunter:
– Check out this clip on Daniel Negreanu looking back at a hand of High Stakes Poker on “Run It Back with Remko,” a new show on PokerGo.