Another big winner at the partypoker MILLIONS Sochi. Venividi has a big day to break Phil Galfond’s four day winning streak. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Phil Phua wins $100k Super High Roller at partypoker MILLIONS Sochi
Phil Phua is the latest winner at the partypoker MILLIONS Sochi, taking down the $100,000 No Limit Hold’em event to win over $1.5 million. The victory comes less than a week after Phua took down a Global Poker Award for Industry Person of the Year.
Phua defeated a field of 42 players to take down the event, which generated a total prize pool of $4.2 million. Joining Phua at the final table were Matthias Eibinger ($1,008,000), Webster Lim ($672,000), Adrian Mateos ($420,000), Michael Addamo ($336,000) and Kahle Burns ($252,000).
Watch the latest from partypoker MILLIONS Sochi from the partypokerTV YouTube channel:
– Phil Galfond’s four day winning streak in the Galfond Challenge against Venividi met an end on Day 22 of the Challenge on Thursday. The pair played another 556 hands, with Venividi coming on top by over €88,000. Galfond and Venividi have now played just shy of 14,000 hands with Venividi extending his win to €677k.
Galfond and Venividi will return to the virtual felts at 11 AM ET on Friday. Poker fans can watch the action live from the Run It Once Twitch channel. Missed Thursday’s session? Watch it below:
– WPT Amsterdam has been canceled midway through the tournament as the Holland Casino shuts its doors due to the coronavirus. Confused by all the poker tournaments that have been postponed or canceled since the coronavirus virus started reeking havoc? Here’s a list of the tournaments during March and April that have been affected.
While poker tournaments across the globe continue to be affected by the coronavirus, Daniel Negreanu has pointed words for all poker operators via a Twitter post — STOP. Meanwhile, poker rooms and gambling companies have been busy developing coronavirus procedures to minimize risk to players.
All poker operators: stop.
Suspend all tournaments and cash games now.
There isn’t a more infectious environment imaginable than a poker table.
Shut it all down.
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) March 12, 2020
– From the Fake News Bin: After a surprise cancelation of the 2020 WSOP, the World Series of Poker decides to award all 101 bracelets to Phil Hellmuth.
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Gazellig’s “$2 Rebuy Double Rush MTT” series. In this episode, Gazellig is brutally honest with his own play, an important component of the review process.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– William Hung, Adam22 and Kristy Arnett are among the players at a $5/$10 No Limit Hold’em Live at the Bike session on Thursday night that poker fans can watch live:
– On the Weekly Poker Showdown, Jaime Staples welcomes Jonathan Little to discuss a variety of poker topics.
– Lastly, while its not really poker related, the Poker Life Podcast’s Joey Ingram providea a livestream of the coronavirus pandemic: