Nevada casinos go dark for 30 days. PokerStars addresses concerns of cheating and bots in YouTube video. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Nevada casinos ordered closed for 30 days
On Tuesday night, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak took the unprecedented step of closing all non-essential businesses for a period of 30 days in the state. The order includes the 440 licensed casinos in Las Vegas. The move follows the decision by many Las Vegas Strip casinos, including Wynn and MGM properties, to close over the last few days.
For anyone still thinking that the pandemic is a joke or a hoax: Las Vegas is shutting down for 30 days. Sin City is going dark, so you need to do your damn job and self-isolate! #vegasshutdown https://t.co/hNpc9JJWQW
— Cameron C (@cameronc89) March 18, 2020
On the online front of coronavirus, PokerStars’ US facing online poker rooms will be moving up dates for the Spring COOP series. PokerStars PA will hold the first-ever PACOOP beginning on April 4th while PokerStars NJCOOP will begin on April 11th. The Pennsylvania series will guarantee $2 million in prizes while the NJCOOP will guarantee $1.2 million in prizes.
– PokerStars has recently posted a couple of videos on YouTube addressing concerns of poker players on the minds of poker players as they work towards creating the “safest enivronment possible for players.” Watch their short video on preventing cheats. Also check out a short video on detecting bots and AI on the online poker room:
– First Daniel Negreanu suggested temporary legalization of online poker in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Now facing long odds, somebody has started a Charge.org petition to advocate for the legalization of online poker in the United States.
– In Wednesday’s featured poker training video of the day is a look at another classic series, this time from Colossos’ “How to Beat the Microstakes” series. In this episode, Colossos goes over the basics for beating these games and the win rate that players can expect.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– partypoker’s Rob Yong sits down for a chat with Joey Ingram to discuss about a variety of poker topics including the coronavirus, the business of poker and partypoker, among other items.
– Run It Once Poker Peter Clarke answers questions about “From The Ground Up,” a service that provides novice poker players tools to get their game to the next level.
– partypoker has posted highlights of partypoker MILLIONS Sochi event 7, the $50,000 Super High Roller Series, which was held last week:
– 888poker takes a look behind the scenes look at Brad Owen’s poker vlog, one of the most successful in poker: