Nathan Gamble wins his second WSOP bracelet in Event #6 of the WSOP Online Series. A date is set for the Phil Galfond’s Challenge match with Chance Kornuth. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Nathan Gamble wins 2nd WSOP bracelet since 2017
Nathan Gamble won his second career WSOP bracelet after taking down the $600 PL08 6-Max event on Monday. A total of 883 entries joined the tournament with Gamble coming out the victor after 12 hours of play to win the $89,424.21 first place prize. The victory follows Gamble’s bracelet in the 2017, when he outlasted 830 entries in the $1,500 PLO8 to win $223,239.
Notable players finishing in the money included John Esposito (3rd – $38,685), Jeremy Ausmus (8th – $9,096), Max Pescatori (10th – $4,813), Ali Imsirovic (26th – $2,518) and Mike Matusow (37th – $1,754). Missed the final table early on Tuesday morning? Check it out below:
Next up – WSOP.com – No Limit Hold’em Knockout Deepstack
The next WSOP bracelet event on the schedule is the No Limit Hold’em Knockout Deepstack with a $800 buy-in. Action began at 3 PM PT with poker fans able to watch the final table later tonight on the Poker Central YouTube channel. Poker fans can also keep up with the action through WSOP live updates.
– Chance Kornuth has revealed in a piece at Cardplayer the start date of his Galfond Challenge match with Phil Galfond, stating that the pair have agreed on September 16th. On this date, Kornuth and Galfond will play 35,000 hands of €100-€200 heads-up Pot Limit Omaha. The Challenge will also include a side bet with Kornuth, where if Kornuth wins he would receive another €1 million while Galfond would receive €250,000.
– The WSOP has released a statement addressing Mike Matusow’s conduct after busting out of the $1,000 No Limit Hold’em Freezout on Sunday. The WSOP stated that they take abusive behavior seriously but because the comments occurred on Twitch, Matusow will not face any disciplinary action while reserving the right to suspend the account of any individual going forward.
– From July 17th to September 8th, partypoker is hosting the $100 million guaranteed WPT World Online Championships. As part of the series, they have announced they there is an additional $100k in prizes to be one through the WPT Player of the Year Championship, split between the top 10 players and $50,000 awarded to best performing player.
– From the Fake News bin: To address increasing call volume, new WSOP.com customer service number just says “Deal With It” and hangs up.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14 “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 reviews a student’s hand history from an $11 Sit N Go.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– In his latest WSOP vlog, Daniel Negreanu plays the $600 PL08 6-handed WSOP Online Series event on WSOP.com:
– On the DAT Poker Podcast, Daniel Negreanu, Terrance Chan and Adam Schwartz discuss some poker topics of the day including Daniel Negreanu’s vlog, Mike Matusow’s latest meltdown and a short deck hand review:
– Oliver Busquet joins Poker Central’s Run It Back to watch his appearance on Poker After Dark $150k Cash Game Experience during Season 7: