More Las Vegas Strip properties set to reopen. PokerStars Home Games to readd larger stack games. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
MGM and Caesars at center of new Strip openings
More Las Vegas Strip casinos are set to open as two major casino companies announce reopening dates. MGM revealed that the Luxor would open on June 25th at 10 AM while the Mandalay Bay and Aria will follow suit on July 1st at 10 AM. The announcement on the heels of the opening of the Excalibur on Thursday. The MGM Grand, Bellagio, and New York-New York has been open since June 4th.
Meanwhile, Caesars announced that it would reopen The LINQ Hotel & Experience on June 12th at 11 AM. The reopening follows Caesars Palace, the Flamingo and Harrah’s Las Vegas as other Caesars Las Vegas Strip properties that have reopened since the lockdown.
Some Las Vegas casinos are being criticized for 4% surcharges to their customers:
— Juan Pablo (@juanpablo_180) June 10, 2020
– After controversy surrounding the decision to limit PokerStars Home Games to stacks of 3k has lead to an apparent reversal with PokerStars ambassador Lex Veldhuis claiming that 5k and 10k starting stacks will once again be available in PokerStars Home Game tournaments. Veldhuis also indicated that more changes would be coming soon.
Hey guys, saw some messages about home games, very soon options to select 3k/5k and 10k starting stacks will be available again. Positive changes are coming along with todays update so be on the lookout. (Someone say mobile ) keep you posted.
— Lex Veldhuis (@LexVeldhuis) June 11, 2020
– The World Poker Tour and partypoker are teaming up to offer the WPT Online Poker Open in New Jersey, running from June 21st to June 28th.
– The 15th Divine Fortune progressive jackpot has been hit in Pennsylvania on PlaySugarHouse, with the latest score — a $130k prize — hit by a health care worker in Heidelberg, Pennsylvania. The prize comes on the heels of a record $533k jackpot hit late last month.
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” training series. In this episode, Reasons14 takes a look at a hand history from a $60 shorthanded 6-man Turbo Sit N Go.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– On Thursday, Chris Moneymaker will join Run It Back with Remko on Poker Central to rewatch highlights from the 2003 WSOP Main Event:
– Lex Veldhuis posts Twitch highlights from the PokerStars SCOOP, featuring a deep run in the $530 PKO event:
– Jeff Boski also presents some recent Twitch highlights where he plays heads-up in two tournaments simultanousely: