Milen Stefanov takes down the latest WPT title. Another online poker room headed to GVC partypoker. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Milen Stefanov wins $545k at WPT Seminole Rock N Roll Poker Open
Milen Stefanov is the winner of the 2019 WPT Seminole Rock N Roll Poker Open on Wednesday night after he has the last man standing at the final table. Stefanov takes home $545,070 for his efforts, outlasting 988 entries over the course of four days. The victory came on Stefanov’s first WPT appearance in the United States. His $545k score was the largest of his live tournament poker career with his previous best coming as a modest $41k win at the CEP Barcelona High Roller in August.
The Main WPT tour now heads to the Bellagio Resort and Casino for the WPT Five Diamond World Poker Open for the final event of 2019. Action gets underway on December 16th.
Poker fans can relive the final table action through a 6-hour replay on YouTube, which can be seen below.
– Shortly after Coral Poker told players that it would be moving to the partypoker network on Wednesday, Coral Poker sister site Ladbrokes Poker revealed that its own players would move to GVC partypoker sometime during the first three months of 2020. Like Coral Poker, Ladbrokes is owned by partypoker parent company GVC Holdings. The move comes on the heels of MPN’s announcement that it would be closing its network operations on May 19th, 2020, a move that looks like it will be a catalyst for significant online poker room movement in 2020.
– Kahle Burns has overtaken Sean Winter in the lead for the 2019 GPI Player of the Year standings. With one month to go, Burns holds small leads of Winter, Bryn Kenney, Stephen Chidwick and Manig Loeser. Meanwhile, Chidwick holds his lead in the overall GPI rankings, just ahead of Alex Foxen, Anthony Zinno, Sean Winter and Manig Loeser.
– The Philadelphia 76ers continue their hot streak as Collin Hulbert examines their odds of winning the 2019-2020 championship along with other top NBA teams. The 15-6 Sixers currently sit at +700 to win the title.
– The Rob Yong owned Dusk Till Dawn Casino in the United Kingdom has removed casino games and returns as a poker-dedicated venue. The move comes just just before the partypoker MILLIONS UK.
– Thursday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video is part 2 of Gazellig’s “Key Hands in MTT” series, where he touches some important hands from a $5 tournament. In this episode, Gazellig focuses on the pros and cons of limping with QAA and squeeze shoving with AJo, among other hands.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– YouTube vlogger Jeff Boski plays the Monster Stack Circuit event in Las Vegas with a top prize of $30,000.
– Jaime Staples plays some more partypoker SPINS in his latest Twitch highlights from a November 29th session: