Evidence continues to mount in Stones Live Poker cheating. partypoker preps MILLIONS Online qualifiers. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Did Mike Postle begin cheating on June 18th, 2018?
The Mike Postle/Stones Live Poker cheating allegations continue to dominate the discussion in the poker world. Mike Postle’s lengthy discussion with Mike Matusow was the big news of the weekend, with the poker world largely panning both the interview and Postle’s performance.
In his latest investigative piece on the scandal, Joey Ingram takes a look at some of the latest discoveries uncovered by those watching Stones Live Poker hands. In one analysis, one observer may have uncovered the first time that Postle cheated, which appears to be the first time that Postle begins placing his phone in his lap.
– partypoker is setting the stage for the follow-up to last year’s record-breaking MILLIONS Online tournament that generated an astonishing $22 million prize pool. The tournament is returning December 1st and in preparation, partypoker is setting up the Millions for Millions promotion, which will run from October 7th through November 3rd. Opt-in for daily challenges to win an M4M ticket, which can be used to enter a Shootout or Freerolls that will award $109 satellite tickets for a chance to earn a $10,300 buy-in to the event.
– Simon Brandstorm was the winner of WPT United Kingdom over the weekend, earning his third title of 2019. In his path of taking down the tournament, Brandstrom defeated a field of 690 entries to win $330,000. Brandstorm has also won the WPT DeepStacks Barcelona for $306k, which he followed up with a $1.4 million victory at the EPT Barcelona Main Event.
– PlaySugarHouse PA is offering the innovative Stat Tracker Sweeps promotion, a promo that incentivizes sports bettors who place bets on MLB games throughout October. In a twist to the prize draw, the number and size of prizes are based on milestones from games that sports bettors wagers on.
– Card Player Lifestyle examines some of the top poker festivals remaining for the last three months of 2019. From the Malta Poker Festival to World Series of Poker Europe, there are still some poker events that will be grabbing players’ attention for the remainder of the year.
– From the Fake News Bin: In a stunning twist to the Stones Live Poker scandal, Mike Postle has been cleared of all allegations and has been announced as the latest member of the Poker Hall of Fame.
– Monday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video of the day is Part 16 of Colossos’s “Cash Games with Colossos” series. In this episode, live plays sessioshort-handed/0.25 No Limit Hold’m short handed.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Doug Polk examines a hand from Mike Postle where he has a nut flush versus his opponent’s straight flush. How does Postle react to this bad beat?
– Meanwhile, Polk takes a break from analyzing Mike Postle hands to took a look at a classic hand read from Daniel Negreanu.
– Check out this humorous analysis of a few hands from Poker After Dark by the Finding Equilibrium YouTube channel. The analysis includes appearances from Tom Dwan, Allan Keating and Jennifer Tilly.
– Andrew Neeme reports in from Houston, the site of the latest meet-up game. Watch Neeme break down some hands fromt he session:
– Brad Owen is at the Gardens Casino in his latest vlog, where he plays some of the highest stakes games at an upcapped $5/$10/$20 No Limit Hold’em