Zhang is the latest big winner at partypoker MILLIONS Europe, while Main Event ready to enter Day 2. partypoker closes more bot accounts. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Michael Zhang wins €350k at partypoker MILLIONS Europe
Michael Zhang took down the €25,500 Super High Roller at the partypoker LIVE MILLIONS Europe on Thursday, defeating a field of 42 entries to win €350,000. At the final table, Zhang beat Tom Vogelsang (€230,000) heads-up, as well as Selahaddin Bedir (€160,000), Paul Phua (€112,500), Steffen Sontheimer (€85,000) and Choon Siow (€60,000).
The victory for Zhang came just days after a 6th place finish in the Triton Poker £100,000 Super High Roller in London when he won £711,000.
— PokerGO (@PokerGO) August 15, 2019
Meanwhile at partypoker MILLIONS Europe, the first two flights of the Main Event are in the books. Mikhail Vilkov came away with the chip lead on Day 1a while Freddy Deeb held the most chips during Day 1b. The tournament will reconvene on Friday with Vilkov holding the overall lead among 160 returning players. Charlie Carrel, Kenny Hallaert, Niall Farrell and Alex Foxen are a couple of the notable at the top of the leaderboard after Day 1.
Poker fans can continue to watch the action unfold this weekend with a subscription to PokerGo.
– partypoker continues its crusade against bot accounts. The online poker room announced that during July they closed an additional 121 accounts in July while seizing $76,267 from partypoker.com bots and €88,351 from players on ring-fenced European rooms. Since they began announcing bot closure figures earlier this year, they have closed hundreds of accounts in an effort to make the online poker room safer.
– Swap Hold’em could be the latest new game to drop from PokerStars. PokerStrategy’s Barry Carter may have actually beaten PokerStars game-sleuth Pokerfuse to the chase in discovering the potential new game, which can be found under “Hold’em” in the lobby filter at PokerStars.
– Iowa sportsbetting went live on Thursday, becoming the 11th state to offer land-based sports betting and the fifth to offer mobile sports betting. Sports betting in the state is offered by Iowa casinos with partners that include Kambi, PointsBet, William Hill and Bet.Works.
– The FanDuel DFS site has dropped a $20 bonus to new users before the start of the NFL season. Available through September and credited $5 at a time each week, the bonus will allow players to use the bonus to enter contests directly.
– Today’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video is the conclusion of Uboat’s “PLO Postflop Series,” which takes a look at considerations of Pot Limit Omaha after the flop. In this episode, uBoat goes over the basic identification and classification of wet flops.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Doug Polk continues his analysis of hands from the 2019 Triton Poker Super High Roller Jeju earlier this year. The hand involves a $500,000 pot with Andy Zang and Bobby Baldwin.
– Fresh off his victory in the Triton Poker Short Deck event, Tony G is the latest guest of the Jeff Gross Podcast: