Maurice Hawkins extends his WSOP Circuit ring lead. ClubWPT has introduced a $1 million bonus for players who qualify for WPT Main Tour events. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Maurice Hawkins wins 14th WSOP Circuit ring
Maurice Hawkins continues his dominance in the WSOP Circuit after winning his 14th gold ring in the $400 No-Limit Hold’em event at Choctaw Durant. In winning the event, Hawkins outlasted a field of 218 entries to win $16,898.
Hawkins now has a two-ring lead over Valentin Vornicu and Josh Reichard, who each have 12 rings. According to the Hendon Mob, Hawkins has accumulated over $4 million in lifetime live tournament winnings. His last WSOP Circut ring came during the $400 No Limit Hold’em Monster Stack event on May 1st, 2019.
— WSOP (@WSOP) January 7, 2020
– ClubWPT is giving ClubWPT VIP members a chance to earn a $1 million bonus if they qualify for a WPT Main Tour event through the sweepstakes poker room and win that event. The bonus will be in addition to the regular first-place prize. The first eligible event for the bonus will be the WPT Gardens Poker Championship, which begins on January 9th.
– As the 2020 Aussie Millions continues to roll on, 80 players have advanced in the final flight of the Aussie Millions AUD$1 Million Opening Event, bringing the total number of advancers to 593 out of 1,665 entries. Day 2 kicks off at 12:10 PM local time on Thursday.
– ICYMI: Controversy continues to swirl surrounding the DraftKings Millionaire Maker last Sunday which saw Jade Roper from The Bachelor take down the $1 million prize. Controversy ensued once it was discovered that both Jade Roper and her husband tanner had entered 150 lineups into the contest with vastly different quarterbacks, suggesting collusion.
DFSC’s Collin Hulbert breaks down the scandal and what should happen next.
– In Poker Strategy’s Barry Carter continues his look at how poker has changed over the last decade as Twitch, live streamers, the Super High Roller scene and railing cash games are among the topics discussed.
– Tuesday’s featured classic PartTimePoker training video continues a look at the Carroters’ “Talks Poker with Student” series. In this episode, Carroters plays a session of $10 No Limit Hold’em Zoom with a student.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Marle Cordeiro and Jamie Kerstetter are back for another episode of The Rake, where they discuss the Phil Galfond Challenge, Matt Berkey and Kym Lim folding quads:
– John Duthie, the President of partypoker LIVE is the latest guest on the Jaime Staples “Weekly Poker Showdown.”
– Check out yet another $200k plus pot involving Garret Adelstein from a Live at the Bike session on May 24th, 2019: