Another lawsuit filed against Mike Postle in Stone Live cheating case. Poker players raise money for charities helping people affected by the coronavirus. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Cordeiro lawsuit is latest stemming from Mike Postle cheating allegations
Another lawsuit has been filed against Mike Postle stemming from Stone Live cheating allegations where he is alleged to have access of hole cards of his opponents. The latest lawsuit comes from poker vlogger Marle Cordeiro, who is suing Mike Postle for an additional $250,000 for violating the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. Cordeiro was one of Postle’s many opponents during Postle’s run on the Stone Live stream.
Cordeiro cites a statistical analysis of the hands as well as frequent peeks in his lap as evidence Postle cheated. She also references an infamous May 6th, 2019 session where Postle visits the Stones Live stream commentary booth and references that only two cards were displayed from a hand, even though he would not have been able to view the broadcast.
A total of $30 million in lawsuits have thus far been filed in the case, $10 million each against Postle, King’s Casino — the owner of the Stones Gambling Hall — and Tournament Director Justin Kuraitis. In late March, Postle filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit.
Oh wow https://t.co/FeYjPwSFF8
— Marle Cordeiro (@MarleCordeiro) April 6, 2020
– Poker players are stepping up in a big way to raise money for charity in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Dan Smith through the Double UP Drive charity has pledged $250,000 in matching funds to families that have been negatively impacted. Stephen Chidwick, Dan Cates and an anonymous donor are among those contributing to the cause.
On April 11th, the Run It Once Charity Heads-Up tournament is set to take place with 32 players participating to raise money for the GiveDirectly COVID_10 Emergency Relief Fund. Phil Galfond, Sam Greenwood, Marle Cordeiro and Kevin Martin are among those participating. Run It Once will be donating €10 for every player that plays a hand on the day of the tournament. Poker fans will be able to follow the bracket-style tournament on the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel.
We're thrilled to announce our COVID-19 Charity Stream. This Saturday, April 11th, we'll be hosting a 32 player Heads-Up tournament on Run It Once Poker, featuring 16 pros & 16 donators! We'll be living streaming the action on Twitch starting at 16:00 UTC. https://t.co/HfojAZnKmE
— Run It Once Poker (@RunItOncePoker) April 7, 2020
– A day after Phil Galfond went positive for the first time against Venividi in the Galfond Challenge, the pair went back and forth over 592 hands before Galfond finished the day down €34,580.19. After the action on Day 36, Galfond holds on to a modest €46,484.37 lead with 22,689 of 25,000 hands played thus far. Poker fans can watch the start of the action below with subsequent portions available from the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel.
– Eric Hollreiser, the former Head of Corporate Communications and Global Poker Marketing for Poker told PokerFuse that one of his biggest regrets while working at the online poker site is the way the SuperNova Elite transition was handled. He notes that while the reduction of benefits to the highest volume players was necessary, “we could have given more time and notice to players and perhaps delayed the implementation.”
– A new book is challenging the story told in Molly’s Game, which chronicled the celebrity high stakes poker world. The book, entitled Billion Dollar Hollywood Heist written by Houston Curtis, claims the game was run as a scam to get actors and businessman to give up their money to Curtis and Tobey Maguire.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we look at a training session from Gazelligs’ “MTT HH Review” series. In this episode, Gazellig goes over blind stealing and getting value from strong hands.
– A couple of big changes have happened to the Powerball and MegaMillions lottery games for PA players over the last couple of months. In January, Powerball and Mega Millions tickets could finally be purchased online in PA through the PA iLottery. In addition to this welcome change for PA players, a temporary change has come to the guarantees and increases of the jackpots. Starting this month, prizes will be determined by game sales and interest, rather than a set starting point and increase.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Farah Galfond, the wife of Phil Galfond, made an appearance on The Rake with Jamie Kerstetter and Marle Cordeiro, where she discussed the Galfond Challenge and life in quarantine:
– In a clip from “I am High Stakes Poker,” Dan “Jungleman” Cates talks about building his bankroll from $400 to move up to to the highest stakes.