PokerStars loses another Team PokerStars member. DraftKings may be launching in New Hampshire soon. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Maria Konnikova reveals departure from PokerStars
One week after Igor Kurganov and Liv Boeree parted ways with PokerStars, author Maria Konnikova has done the same, announcing on Twitter her departure from my PokerStars but maintaining that she will continue to play poker. The Russian-American rose to fame after finishing high in the PokerStrea Caribbean Adventure No Limi Hold’em Championship while writing a book about poker.
Kurganov put her career on hold to play poker and was picked up by PokerStars after accumulating $200,000 in tournament winnings while researching for her book, which she plans to release in 2020.
It's been a fun two years, but it's time to say goodbye! Today, I'm parting ways with @pokerstars. But that doesn't mean I'm parting ways with poker! My new book will be out in 2020, and I'm looking forward to continuing to promote this beautiful game in the months to come. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/gJD8KJBlc8
— Maria Konnikova (@mkonnikova) November 20, 2019
– DraftKings looks poised to become the first — and possibly only — online sportsbook in New Hampshire. An important meeting on Monday could determine if the DraftKings online sportsbook will have a monopoly in the state and when DraftKings could launch, which is expected to occur before the end of the NFL season.
– On January 7th, James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter will meet in an epic primetime Jeopardy tournament. The three biggest winners, which include poker player and sports bettor Holzhauer, will meet for the event which is being dubbed Jeopardy: The Greatest of All Time.
This January, watch two Tournament of Champions winners take on a third player brought in to fill out the lineup. https://t.co/HVnK17JLnh
— James Holzhauer (@James_Holzhauer) November 18, 2019
– David Jackson wins the $2,700 Championship at the 2019 Borgata Fall Poker Open, outlasting 511 entries over four days to win just over $211k and a Prestigious Borgata Trophy.
– A total of 948 entries joined the $10,000 buy-in partypoker MILLIONS World 2019 Bahamas Main Event over two flights on Tuesday and Wednesday with Day 2 kicking off on Thursday. Gabriel Andrade began the day leading the 365 remaining players heading into Day 2, a lead which was taken over by Brandon Sheils late Thursday with 126 players remaining.
– A look at the latest DraftKings Online Sportsbook NFL Promos offered over the next few days, which includes the latest odds boosts and other value opportunities.
– In Thursday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video, we continue our look at Colossos’ “Cash Games” series, where he plays sessions of $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold’em shorthanded. In this episode, Colossos goes over some stats and compares them to other players.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Shaun Deeb sits down for an interview with Poker News to discuss the 2019 WSOP Player of the Year, which caused Daniel Negreanu to be stripped of the honor after a clerical error was discovered.
– Travis Darroch is the latest guest on Jaime Staples’ Weekly Poker Showdown where Darroch talks about the ups and downs of his poker career and turning $22 into $106,308 in the recent partypoker $1 million guaranteed.
– ICYMI: Check out episode 4 of the No Limit Hold’em cash gam from Triton Poker Super High Roller Montenegro: