Louis Lynch is the latest winner at the 2020 WSOP Online Series. California sportsbetting could be on ballot in 2020. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Unknown Louis Lynch wins first WSOP bracelet
Louis “PokeThese” Lynch is the latest winner at the 2020 WSOP Online, taking down Event #2, the $1,000 No Limit Hold’em Deepstack 8-max event to win his first WSOP bracelet and a $168,585.95. In his path to victory, Lynch outlasted 919 entries to generate an $873k first-place prize.
The tournament lasted 11 hours, finishing early in the morning on Friday. Other notable top finishers included Jason Somerville’s 8th place finish for $27,762.99 and Daniel Negreanu’s 18th place finish for $5.8k.
Missed the action from Event #2? Watch a replay of the final table below:
Event #3 – the $400 No Limit Hold’em
Next up on the WSOP schedule is Event #3, the $400 No Limit Hold’em, set to begin at 5 PM ET on Friday. Keep up with live updates via the WSOP.com website.
– Sports betting could be coming to the 2022 California ballot as the state’s Indian tribes receive an extension to gather signatures. The deadline was originally July 20th, but tribes were unable to meet the deadline because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Players will have up to three opportunities to participate in the WSOP Main Event set for this summer on GG Poker. Barry Carter from Poker Strategy examines whether three entries are too much for one the premier events in poker.
– While the WSOP Online is getting a lot of the poker world’s attention, Alex Foxen continues to dominate at the High Roller Club, as he won two events including the $10,300 Main Event to take home $163,400.
– ICYMI: Three more casinos opened in Pennsylvania last week including the Valley Forge Casino, Harrah’s Philadelphia and the Parx Casino. But despite the fact that most PA casinos are open, the Rivers Casino Pittsburgh had to shut down on Friday as Coronavirus cases increased in Allegheny County.
California and Miami casinos have been forced to reclose, while New Jersey, Massachusetts and Minnesota are among those reopening.
– From now through July 5th, Bet365 Bingo is offering the Egyptian Code promotion which will give players the chance to earn £20 in bonuses to those who opt-in and spend £10 in cash on bingo tickets.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Charlie Carrel is the latest guest of The Rake with Marle Cordeiro and Jaime Kersetter to discuss his pre-session preparation, current culture and his new charity, Thrive.
– Lex Veldhuis showcases his record-breaking stream on Twitch, which attracted thousands of viewers during the PokerStars SCOOP $10,000 High Roller Main Event with $1 million up for grabs for 1st place.
– Tony G faces rapid-fire questions from Lee Davy where among other revelations, talks about winning a $5 million pot.