Three more Las Vegas casinos open up poker rooms. Arguments heard in Wire Act case appeal. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Las Vegas poker rooms dealing 5 and 6-handed games
Las Vegas casinos continue to open their poker rooms with three more dealing games beginning on Thursday. The poker room reopenings are at the Sahara, Caesars Palace and the Bellagio. With the reopened casinos, there are now a total of 7 poker rooms that are dealing games in Las Vegas as the three join the Venetian, South Point, Golden Nugget and The Orleans.
The Sahara and Caesars Palace are dealing five-handed games while the Bellagio will be spreading six-handed games with plexiglass dividers. The Bellagio will also only use 23 of 36 of its poker tables to adhere to social distancing guidelines:
— Mike Williams (@MikeWPokr) June 18, 2020
– Online Poker Report has an in-depth breakdown in the latest development of the US Department of Justice’s efforts to have the Wire Act applied to most forms of online gambling. Today, arguments were held via teleconference before the First Circuit Court of Appeals and resulted from the DOJ appealing a New Hampshire District Court decision favorable to online gambling interests in April of 2019.
– The Nevada Gaming Control Board has mandated that casinos require masks at poker tables that are “unshielded,” which are tables that are defined as not having dividers in between players. The new guidelines come through the third amendment to policies required of casinos that offer poker in Nevada.
– The author of the Billion Dollar Hollywood Heist, Houston Curtis talks about a poker prop TV show that never aired, that would have been hosted by Phil Hellmuth. Watch Curtis talk about the subject in a video that accompanied the article:
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14′ “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 live play a session of $3.40 full ring 9-man turbo Sit N Gos.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– World Poker Tour CEO Adam Pliska is the guest on the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown with Jaime Staples:
– Greg “Fossilman” Raymer is the guest of Poker Central’s Run It Back where he relives the 2004 WSOP Main Event. Watch it live on Thursday night or a replay below:
– Watch Twitch highlights from Jeff Boski’s stream of the $20,000 guaranteed on Americas Cardroom where he makes the final table: