The Galfond Challenge with Venividi will return. Bradley Hinson takes down his first WSOP Circuit Gold Ring. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond reveals Galfond Challenge return with Venividi
He’s had some time to think about it, and with a simple message posted on the Run It Once Poker blog, Phil Galfond will continue his Challenge with Venividi. “I’m gonna keep playing,” the message said in the four-word message.
The Challenge has been on hold since February 11th, when Galfond announced he needed some time away from the poker table to clear his head and reflect on the Challenge. Galfond is down more than €900k with just over 9,900 of the 25,000 played so far. Galfond did not reveal when the Challenge would restart, but he had originally mentioned it would resume after March 1st during his February 11th statement.
I needed some time away from the first #GalfondChallenge match more than I’d realized.
After mentally resetting & a lot of careful contemplation, I was able to make a tough decision with a clear head.
Thanks for your patience! Update here:https://t.co/lNEaJacXSh
— Phil Galfond (@PhilGalfond) February 26, 2020
– Bradley Hinson is victorious in the 2020 WSOP Circuit Main Event at the Rio in Las Vegas. In his path to victory, Hinson defeated 746 other entries to win his first Gold Ring as well as a $209,216 first-place prize.
– The partypoker $8k Daily Cash Boom promotion is awarding $8k in daily freerolls that players can qualify for by earning just 5 points at cash games. Opt-in and earn the points to receive entry a $5k daily tournament. Alternatively, earn 2 points while playing SPINS to receive a ticket to a $3k Daily Cash Boom ticket. Both tournaments will be in the “All In Or Fold” format, which usually take less than 20 minutes.
– Check out Viktor “Isuldur1” Blom go head to head with Unibet sponsored pros in the Unibet Battle Royale, available at the Unibet Poker Twitch channel.
– Think you’ve had a bad day? When was the last time you lost quads versus a straight flush? Jennifer Tilly recently lost a $160k pot at a high stakes player Bob Bright.
Not my day: quads vs. straight flush. pic.twitter.com/CecbWOcjyD
— Jennifer Tilly (@JenniferTilly) February 24, 2020
– In Monday’s featured classic poker training series, we circle back to the “Cash Game with Colossos” series of live play videos. In the first episode of this series, Colossos live plays a session of $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold’em.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– In the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown, Jaime Staples sits down with poker vlogger Andrew Neeme:
– Brad Owen plays the 888poker Main Event at the Casino Grand Via in Madrid, Spain:
– Speaking of Staples, watch him make a strong run in the KO Series on February 15th when he made two final tables. Watch the highlights below: