Phil Galfond with another winning session on Thursday in the Galfond Challenge. A milestone with the last commercial casinos in the United States closed. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond now down only 234k to Venividi after Day 29
In the return of the Venividi Galfond Challenge on Thursday, Phil Galfond continued his hot streak by winning €85,271.31 on Day 29, bringing his current deficit down to €233,624.12. The Challenge had been on break since Saturday after Vinividi decided to pause the Challenge clear his head after Galfond won 10 out of the last 13 days to bring his loses from €900k to €300k.
Galfond and Venividi played 642 hands on Thursday and now have played a total of 18,193 hands of the required 25,000 hands. The next session will be at 11 AM ET on Friday. Missed the live-action from Thursday? Watch it below at the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel or below:
– With Deadwood, SD casinos shutting their doors on Wednesday due to the coronavirus, all commercial casinos in the United States have been shut down. The casinos in the old gambling town closed on Wednesday after recommendations of the city’s mayor as well as outside pressure. In addition to commercial casinos that have shuttered, it is believed that over 97% of tribal casinos have also shut their doors.
With all casinos in the United States now closed, hopes are dimming that this summer’s World Series of Poker won’t be affected. Daniel Negreanu has thrown in his two cents by saying he doesn’t see the 2020 WSOP happening this summer.
– Doug Polk has retired from poker playing and even from making videos on YouTube. Over the last decade, Polk has been one of the most well-known and impactful people in the poker industry, but is it enough to be considered for the Poker Hall of Fame?
– Check out the teaser of the Poker Masters Online, set to run from April 12th to April 26th on partypoker with $15.2 million in guaranteed prizes:
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we take a look at another classic poker training series, Carroters’ “Resus Season 2, The Zoom Years.” In this episode, Carroters’ student decides to try Zoom Poker while catching up on his stats and areas of improvement.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– With Andrew Neeme stuck at home like many other millions of Americans, he decided to play some online poker at WSOP.com, where he makes the money in a couple of tournaments:
– Matt Staples final tables a partypoker tournament. Watch the highlights below of the $1050 buy-in tournament: