Daniel Negreanu is taking action for WSOP online events set to be held on GG Poker and WSOP.com. A first for the NFL and an online sportsbook. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Daniel Negreanu taking WSOP bracelet prop bets
With the online portion of the World Series of Poker being held on WSOP.com and GG Poker, Daniel Negreanu is thinking about bracelet bets. Last last week, Negreanu tweeted that he is offering odds on himself winning a WSOP bracelet during 2020.
The bet will be up for $1 million with Negreanu requesting 2.5 to 1 that he takes down a bracelet this year. Negreanu is also offering bets up to $100,000 versus winning bracelets versus a single player. The Connor Drinan market was the first to sell out.
Looking for action:
I’ll take 2.5 to 1 that I win a WSOP bracelet in 2020
Or, if there is a live WSOP this fall.
Tough to win against huge online fields.
Will bet up to $1 million. pic.twitter.com/BKXcGXWTei
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) June 13, 2020
– FanDuel has signed a deal with the Denver Broncos, the first such agreement with an NFL team. The deal will add FanDuel branding to Mile High Stadium with advertising on the team’s radio, TV and digital platforms while FanDuel can use Broncos branding on its online sportsbook and DFS site.
– partypoker’s Isaac Haxton added to his resume on Sunday when he won the $25,500 buy-in High Roller Club Main Event for $437,000 on partypoker. Haxton outlasted a field of 46 players including Sergi Reizach ($287,500), who Haxton defeated heads-up and Pascal Lefrancois ($184,000), who came in third.
– While casinos continue to be cautious with reopening and many instituting policies to minimize players’ risk, a survey of four public health experts suggests going to the casino may be safer than other common social gatherings such as going to church. Casinos were given a score of 6 out of 10, putting it on par with playgrounds, movie theaters and restaurants with indoor seating.
– Last week saw the reopening of three Pennsylvania casinos including the Rivers Casino Pittsburgh, The Meadows and Lady Luck Nemocolin. More are expected to follow over the coming weeks when the county home of the casinos enters a “green” phase.
– If you are a Mega Millions player you may have noticed that the jackpot is much smaller than normal. After the $410 million jackpot was hit last week, lower minimums went in effect that starts out the initial jackpot at just $20 million.
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we take a look at Carroters’ three-part series entitled “Face Your Fears,” where he addresses various problem situations. In this episode, Carroters goes discuses The Big Blind versus the Button play.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Jason Senti, the CEO of Run It Once Poker, is the latest guest of “A Hero’s Journey,” hosted by Lee Davy, where the pair discuss his path in poker.
– Want to relive the 2004 World Series of Poker? Poker Central has posted condensed highlights from Day 1 of the historic series.
– Jaime Staples watches the final table of the 2019 $10,000 Caribbean Poker Party on his Twitch stream: