Can Daniel Negreanu win his third career WSOP Player of the Year title? PokerStars releases details of next Micro Millions tournament series. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Daniel Negreanu leads 2019 WSOP Player of the Year rankings
Things are looking good for Daniel Negreanu to win the 2019 WSOP of the Year title. Going into the final event, Negreanu sits ahead of Robert Campbell, Shaun Deeb, Anthony Zinno and Phillip Hui. Should Negreanu take it down, it would be the third time he has won the honor, previously taking it down in 2004 and 2013.
Negreanu even provided an analysis of his own of some of the various scenarios. Players still have two flights to register or reenter the Colossus.
WSOP POY UPDATE
Neither Campbell or Deeb have advanced to day 2 yet (Deeb sacrificed a stack)
Dario and Zinno could pass me only with a win in Colossus.
Campbell could pass me with approx a 25th in Colossus.
(All assuming I don’t cash for more)
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) November 1, 2019
Speaking of the Colossus, 687 entries have joined the tournament through Thursday with 70 of those officially advancing to Day 2. Friday saw the start of flight Day 1G, with flights H and I still on the docket. All survivors from each of the first day flights will pick up on November 3rd at 3 PM local time.
– PokerStars has announced the return of the next Micro Millions series this month. From November 10 to November 24, PokerStars will hold 147 events that are guaranteeing a total of $4.3 million. Buy-ins for the recreational player-friendly events start at just $1.10. Players can qualify for Micro Millions events via Spin & Gos starting at just $0.40. The tournament will culminate with a $22 buy-in $1 million guaranteed Main Event on November 24th.
– Could a conversation be reigniting for California sports betting? Legal Sports Reports writes that a legislative hearing could take place in Los Angelos on November 20th.
– After a tough week or predictions last week, Collin Hulbert regroups to give you his analysis and picks for Week 9 of the NFL season. The picks are from lines provided by the BetRivers online sportsbook in PA.
– In Friday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video, we continue to look at Gazellig’s “Going Deep in the Deep Stack” series, where he takes the viewer through a journey of a deep run in a $5 MTT. In this episode, Gazellig talks about the final table bubble and playing the final table itself.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Daniel Negreanu updates his viewers with his efforts in the Colossus WSOP Europe event as he hopes to look up the WSOP Player of the Year honor.
– Chris Kruk is the latest guest of Jaime Staples on the Weekly Poker Showdown: