World Series of Poker announces 25 “Value Menu” events for the 2020 WSOP. Joey Ingram returns with the Poker Life Podcast after a two-month break. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
2020 WSOP will feature over two dozen Value Menu tourneys
Days after revealing the 2020 WSOP Championship Event schedule, the World Series of Poker has rolled out another segment of events which is being dubbed the “Value Menu.” In the latest announcement, the WSOP revealed that it will offer 25 events with buy-ins of $1,000 or less, a record number.
The series will kick off with the $1,000 buy-in Freezeout No Limit Hold’em event on May 27th. In total, 24 out of the 25 low-buy events will be either freezeouts or single entry tournaments. The one exception will be the $1111 Little One for One Drop.
With the announcement of the new tournaments, there is now believed to be around a total of 57 confirmed events for this summer’s series. A schedule of the Value Events can be found below:
|2020 WSOP Value Menu Events (buy-ins of $1,000 or less)||Time||Event||Buy-in||Chips||Levels||Reentries?|
|May 27th||11am||Freezeout No-Limit Hold’em||$100||20,000||30 minutes||Freezeout|
|May 27th||2pm||Casino Employees Event No-Limit Hold’em||$500||25,000||40 minutes||1|
|May 28th-31st||10am||BIG 50 No-Limit Hold’em||$500||50,000||50 minutes||1/Flight|
|June 1st||11am||No-Limit Hold’em Deepstack||$600||30,000||30 minutes||1|
|June 2nd||11am||Super Turbo Bounty NLH - $300 bounty/player||$1000||20,000||20 minutes||Freezeout|
|June 7th||11am||Forty Stack No-Limit Hold’em||$1000||40,000||30 minutes||1|
|June 8th||11am||Pot-Limit Omaha Deepstack 8-Handed||$600||30,000||30 minutes||1|
|June 10th||11am||Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed||$1000||20,000||40/60 minutes||1|
|June 14th||11am||No-Limit Hold’em Deepstack||$800||40,000||30 minutes||1|
|June 15th||11am||Freezeout No-Limit Hold’em||$500||25,000||30 minutes||Freezeout|
|June 16th||11am||8-Handed Mixed NLH/PLO Deepstack||$600||30,000||30 minutes||1|
|June 17th||11am||Ladies No-Limit Hold’em Championship||$1000||20,000||60 minutes||1|
|June 18th||10am||Seniors No-Limit Hold’em Championship (50+)||$1000||20,000||60 minutes||1|
|June 19th-20th||10am||Double Stack No-Limit Hold’em||$1000||40,000||60 minutes||1/Flight|
|June 21st||11am||8-Handed No-Limit Hold’em Deepstack||$800||40,000||30 minutes||1|
|June 22nd||10am||Super Seniors No-Limit Hold’em (60+)||$1000||20,000||60 minutes||1|
|June 22nd||2pm||TAG TEAM No-Limit Hold’em (2-person teams)||$1,000/Team||20,000||60 minutes||Freezeout|
|June 23rd||11am||Deepstack Championship No-Limit Hold’em||$600||30,000||40/60 minutes||1|
|June 24th-25th||10am||COLOSSUS No-Limit Hold’em||$400||40,000||40 minutes||1/Flight|
|June 26th-27th||10am/5pm||CRAZY EIGHTS No-Limit Hold’em 8-Handed||$888||40,000||30/40 minutes||1/Flight|
|June 29th||11am||Mini Main Event No-Limit Hold’em||$1000||60,000||30 minutes||Freezeout|
|June 30th||11am||FINAL 500 Salute to Warriors No-Limit Hold’em||$500||25,000||40 minutes||1|
|July 4th-6th||12 noon||Little One for ONE DROP No-Limit Hold’em||$1,000+$111||20/40,000||60 minutes||Unlimited|
|July 12th||11am||No-Limit Hold’em Deepstack||$800||40,000||30 minutes||1|
|July 13th||11am||Super Turbo No-Limit Hold’em||$1000||20,000||20 minutes||1|
– After a two-month absence, Joey Ingram is back to the podcast game. In Wednesday’s Poker Life Podcast, Ingram sat down with high stakes cash game pro Alex “Kanu” Miller to talk about his new training course on Upswing Poker.
– CardPlayer Lifestyle looks ahead to the top 10 players who appear destined for success during 2020. The list includes many names you would expect but also some surprises as well.
– December turned into yet another great month for New Jersey Online Gambling, as casinos in the state generated $49.3 million in revenue with NJ sportsbooks adding $29.4 million. The $49.3 figure was a record set for the state, besting November’s mark and beating last December’s numbers by 70.05%
– Edward Muniz came out on top of 1,404 entries in the WPTDeepStacks Hollywood event, winning a $228,717 first-place prize for the Tampa Bay lawyer.
– ICYMI: Kara Scott has released a new podcast called the “The Heart Of Poker.” In the series, Scott will use a set of questions designed by psychologists to get to know players in a deeper level. The 888poker sponsored podcast was joined by Chris Moorman in the first episode (h/t Poker Strategy).
– Wednesday’s featured PartTimePoker poker training video another episode of Colossos’ “Cash Games with Colossos” training series. In this episode, Colossos plays 8 tables of $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold’em full ring.
– From the Fake News Bin: Bill Perkins and The Thirst Lounge are bracing for a loss in the upcoming Phil Galfond Challenge after Perkins took notice of the team’s results so far against normal people.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Run It Once Poker has introduced a new series called “A Hero’s Journey.” The show is hosted by Lee Davy and he is joined by his first guest Andrew “LuckyChewy” Lichtenberger.
– In his latest Twitch stream highlights, Jaime Staples posts some hands from his second shot in the $10,300 Millions Online Main Event from December 8th:
– Check out this Pot Limit Omaha hand from Twitch at the King’s Resort which saw quads versus quads go to battle: