WSOP Europe began the first 1st of 15 events on Sunday. A lawyer for Mike Postle has addressed allegations against his client. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
WSOP Europe gets underway from Czech Republic
Sunday marked the start of the World Series of Poker Europe with Day 1a of the €350 Opener No-Limit Hold’em event. Day 1a drew a total of 399 entries, 84 of which advanced to Day 2 including chip leader Jürgen Heidl. The tournament continued on Monday with Day 1b. Monday also saw the start of Day 1a of the €550 Pot-Limit Omaha (8-Handed).
The tournament will hold 15 gold bracelet events with €23 million in guaranteed prizes through November 4th with the Main Event set for October 15th.
WSOP Europe doesn’t get nearly the attention of the summer’s, but Daniel Negreanu is still bringing back his daily vlog, with updates on his play and happenings from the King’s Casino. Watch Day 1 here.
– While Mike Postle has been quiet of late, the lawyer for Postle spoke late last week, outlining the current legal stance of his client. Attorney William Portanova told the Sacramento Bee that Postle’s results are within the realm of possibility. The comment almost universally counters the analysis from experts who have taken a deep dive into the sessions as well as casual observers who have been following the controversy.
I guess he wins a lot of hands of poker. I don’t gamble, because that’s how many hands I lose. But we don’t know what the facts are. I can just say this: When I play poker I lose almost every hand, so I know such streaks are possible.
Meanwhile, the Stones Gambling Hall said that they will be continuing their own investigation. “Stones is very serious about finding out what, if anything, has happened with regard to this situation. We are doing what in my experience is a serious investigation in order to determine what happened.”
– Day 3 of the WPT bestbuy Bounty Scramble got underway on Wednesday with the tournament down to the final 22 players, a number which dwindled down to 11 by Monday afternoon. Carlos Guerrero held the lead at the time of this writing. Keep up with the action with live updates from the WPT website.
– In Monday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video of the day, we continue our look at Colossos’ “Cash Games with Colossos” series. In this episode, Colossos talks about moving up and mistakes that players sometimes make when moving up.
– DraftKings Indiana has recently launched in the state, the third state where the DraftKings online sportsbook is offering betting lines to sports bettors. New sports bettors can receive a deposit bonus up to $500 as well as a risk-free bet up to $200.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Veronica Brill joined Doug Polk to discuss the Mike Postle and Stone Live Poker scandal over the weekend. Definitely check it out insights from the person who blew the lid open on the controversy:
– Joey Ingram continues his ongoing look at Mike Postle streams from the Stones Live Poker stream. In his YouTube videos over the weekend, Joey attempts to figure out Postle’s true winnings. Watch the first part here.
– Marle Cordeiro and Jamie Kerstetter are back with their latest episode of “The Rake.” In this podcast, they discuss advice on how to get started in poker.